- 4 (6 ounce) albacore tuna steaks, 1 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup hickory wood chips, soaked
Recipe makes 4 servings
- Place tuna steaks and olive oil in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the grill for medium heat. When coals are very hot, scatter a handful of hickory or mesquite wood chips over them for flavor.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Season tuna with salt and pepper, and cook on the preheated grill approximately 6 minutes, turning once. Transfer to a serving platter, and drizzle with freshly squeezed lime juice. Serve immediately.
- Calories – 281kcal – 14%
- Carbohydrates – 1.8g – <1%
- Cholesterol – 77mg – 26%
- Fat – 11.8g – 18%
- Fiber – 0.5g – 2%
- Protein – 40g – 80%
- Sodium – 644mg – 26%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.