Grilled Chicken Salad with Seasonal Fruit
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/4 cups Italian salad dressing, divided
- 4 cups fresh spinach, torn
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil, chopped
- 1 (1 pound) loaf focaccia bread, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Recipe makes 8 servingsChange Servings Directions
- Place the chicken and 1 cup salad dressing in a bowl. Cover, and marinate at least 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Discard dressing used for marinating, and grill chicken 7 minutes per side, or until juices run clear. Cool and shred.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked chicken, spinach, feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and remaining dressing.
- Brush the focaccia bread with olive oil, and cook 1 minute per side on the prepared grill, or until lightly toasted. Place portions of the chicken mixture on the toasted focaccia to serve.
- Calories – 389kcal – 19%
- Carbohydrates – 34.3g – 11%
- Cholesterol – 26mg – 9%
- Fat – 22.2g – 34%
- Fiber – 2.1g – 8%
- Protein1 – 3.5g – 27%
- Sodium – 1124mg – 45%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.